How to follow the right people on Twitter
Twitter – A Micro blogging website where people follow to get to know each other in terms of knowledge, wisdom and character. Once a user creates a strong bond with another user,they always tend to share their knowledge and learn and also earn together ;).
The people residing on Twitter always try to discover something new on Twitter, Meanwhile we have discovered 140 things on Twitter, which might help you to get some more idea what exactly are you doing on Twitter.
Right people are those who usually follow the 6 R’s of Twitter written by @AskAaronLee and It is not an easy task to find such twitter users, So today I would love to share a small twitter tip, which will help you in finding whether that twitter user is worth to follow or not.
The following are the requirement for following this tiny tip :
- Chrome or Firefox Browser
- Greasemonkey addon
- Twitter Follow Helper for Greasemonkey
Once you have installed the greasemonkey addon on your Firefox or Chrome browser, install the Twitter Follower userscript as shown below :
- Browse to Twitter Follow Helper page as shown below :
- Click on the install button as marked and shown below:
- A pop-up appears asking for the confirmation for installing this script. This pop up will only appear, If you have enabled the Greasemonkey addon. To confirm click on the “install” button as shown below :
- Now the userscript is successfully installed. To verify you can go to the options of the Greasemonkey by browsing to Tools=>Greasemonkey=>Manage scripts. The results as shown below must appear :
- Now you have successfully installed the script :).
Login to your twitter account at Twitter.com, As this script will work only on Twitter website, so make sure you have enabled the greasemonkey addon. Now browse to any of your new followers profile or any profile of your friend.
In my case I am looking forward to @IamPramit profile. Just exactly above the number of tweets you can see a table of stats of that user as shown below:
- It displays whether the user is following you or not ?
- Social Graph Convergence : It is the average percentage of common followers and friends connection you have.
- Replies Rate : It displays the percentage of replies based your previous tweets.
- It displays how many times any other user has starred his/her tweets and how many tweets till now that user has favorite the tweets.
- It also displays number of tweets by that user using Followcost.
- It also shows the Grader score and Klout score in percentage.
- Search Score : Number of mentions received by that twitter user is also displayed.
- People s/he likes : It is the list of those twitter users of whom RT’s and mentions have been updated.
Using this script we can analyze a twitter user completely how he/she is doing well in engaging with people, number of tweets updated, number of mentions received and the mutual friends which makes us to take quick decision whether to follow that twitter user or not.
This script is very useful for the newbies who have recently joined twitter and also for those users who have stuck up in middle of their twitter journey. We must all use this script in order to follow right people and get quality tweets in our timeline.
Thanks for reading. I would like to know, how do you analyse twitter users and follow them back?? 🙂 Sharing is caring 😀