Gmail Notifier: Check your Gmail messages without opening your browser
Hi guys. Thanks for visiting my blog. Today I am telling everything about Master of Search engine GOOGLE.
Few days back google came up with new application Gmail Notifier. The Gmail Notifier is an application that alerts you when you have new Gmail messages. It displays an icon in your system tray to let you know if you have unread Gmail messages, and shows you their subjects, senders and snippets, all without your having to open a web browser.
If you already using Gtalk then no need to have Gmail Notifier.
Not using Gtalk? Then follow the following steps to install Notifier,
Requires: Windows 2000 or Windows XP and above.
To install the Gmail Notifier:
- Go to http://toolbar.google.com/gmail-helper/notifier_windows.html.
- Click Download Gmail Notifier.
- Select Save when the File Download box appears.
- If the application does not install immediately, click on the GmailInstallericon and follow the installation instruction prompts.
To uninstall the Gmail Notifier:
- Open the Windows Control Panel.
- Open Add or Remove Programs .
- Highlight Google Gmail Notifier in the list of programs currently installed on your computer.
- Click Remove.
Requires Mac OS 10.4 or above
Compatible with PowerPC and Intel processors
To install the Google Notifier in Mac OS X:
- Go to http://toolbar.google.com/gmail-helper/notifier_mac.html.
- Click Download Google Notifier for Mac.
- Depending on which browser you’re using, you might see another dialog here. For example, if you’re using Safari, you’ll have to click Download in Safari’s Downloads window to confirm that you really want to download Google Notifier.
- Drag the Google Notifier icon to the Applications folder.
- Open the Applications folder.
- Double-click the Google Notifier icon and enter your Gmail username and password.
To uninstall the Gmail Notifier from Mac OS X:
- Drag the Google Notifier icon from the Applications folder to the Trash.
Note: The Notifier is currently available in English only.
After Installing it will ask you for sign n to your gmail account. Once you sign in successfully you can find a small mail icon like in the figure. Whenever you get new mail it will notify you.