We hope most of you guys would have attended or watched Google I/O conference yesterday. Well as expected Google I/O showed us many great features and products which may go online in some days (some of them are already available).
Google has lot of things in their pocket which can grab your attention from their rivals. Following are the few important features which was discussed in Google I/O yesterday,
- Rent movies from Android Market
- Introduction to Google Music Beta
- Android At Home Hub or “Project Tungsten”
- Google TV is getting Android 3.1 “this summer!”
- Google’s looking to invest heavily in the application framework
- Once you create a playlist using Google Music, it’s instantly available on phones, tablets, everything. Here comes a one more new killer feature, Instant Mix.
- Currently Google has got 310 devices in 112 countries; at this point last year, Google was activating 100,000 devices a day, up to 300,000 by December of last year. Now, the outfit’s seeing 400,000 device activations “every single day.”
Well Google has promised to deliver many things via Google I/O.
Upon all these, Google has shown the demo of the most expected and amazing feature “+1 button”.
When it comes to Admin part, Google +1 button has got similar features as Facebook like provides for the admin.
- Activity stats
- Who has +1′d your site will also be reported in aggregate, such as by age and sex
- Location wise +1’d report
Don’t you think Facebook has the similar features for “like” button?
+1 Button will be available in some “Weeks”
No, the Huffington Post does not yet have this button. No one does yet, Google said. But Timothy Jordan, the developer advocate from Google who lead the developer session, said its only weeks away.
But, Experiment Google +1 Button Today!
Many of you may know about or may not know also. Google has a launched an Experimental “+1 button” for Google Search which is available from more than a month now.
The +1 button is shorthand for “this is pretty cool” or “you should check this out.”
Click +1 to publicly give something your stamp of approval. Your +1’s can help friends, contacts, and others on the web find the best stuff when they search.
Sometimes it’s easier to find exactly what you’re looking for when someone (your friends) you know already found it. Get recommendations for the things that interest you, right when you want them, in your search results.
For participating in this lab experiment there are some pre-requisites,
After you done with all the above points go to google.com and search for something. Your search result will have a +1 button next to each link.
Try +1’ing some links and then visit your Google Profile page. You will get to see a new tab like below with the +1’d link.
We hope Google +1 button is all set to give tough competition to Facebook Like. Watch this space for more information.
And again! What do you think about Google +1 button? Did you like (not FB like 😉 )the advantages provided by Google? Will this kill Facebook Like button? Share your thought 🙂