As planned and as scheduled Mozilla has released its next version of beta, Firefox 4 Beta 10. And planning for something more as well.
Firefox 4 Beta 10 Download and Features
Finally some good news for Firefox users and Mozilla has accelerated its pace. Mozilla has released Beta 10 and proved that it will stuck to its plan.
Firefox 4 Beta 10 is jut an another minor update towards adding new features. Notably, following are some small updates,
- Compatibilty and stability improvements when using Adobe Flash on Mac OS X
- Improvements in memory usage
- Support for a graphics driver blacklist to improve stability
It has also done some great improvement in fixing bugs. You can have a look at buglists fixed here.
May be Firefox 4 Beta 12!
Just a week before we got an update when Firefox 4 Beta 11 will be released. That time Mozilla had seriously said there won’t be Firefox 4 Beta 12 and will RC after beta 11.
But this time Mozilla has changed its plan. This is the updated beta plan as discussed in the Platform meeting earlier today. It is a modification of the previous plan based on current bug counts and fix rates.
- If all betaN hardblockers are done by this Friday afternoon PST (2011-01-28) we will build beta 11 at that time. This is essentially staying on the previously posted plan
- If on Friday there are remaining betaN hardblockers we will not build and instead defer the decision until Tuesday (2011-02-01)
- If all betaN hardblockers are done by next Tuesday afternoon PST (2011-02-01) we will build beta 11 at that time. There will be no planned beta 12
- If on Tuesday there are remaining betaN hardblockers we will make a judgement call
- If on Tuesday the remaining betaN hardblockers are on track to land before Friday (2011-02-04), we will not build on Tuesday and instead wait for Friday. There will be no planned beta 12
- If on Tuesday the remaining betaN hardblockers look at risk to land by Friday (2011-02-04) we will create beta 11 on Tuesday and plan on having a beta 12. Beta 12 will not have a fixed schedule and will instead be built when the remaining betaN hardblockers are at zero
As said in above 6 points, Mozilla still has plans for beta 12. And beta 11 release is all depends on how many hardblockers fixed.
There are still 72 bugs left that need to be fixed before the beta 11 and/or beta 12 can be released. However, if the remaining bugfixes land too late, there will be a beta 11 release next Tuesday and a Beta 12 will be built when all bugs are fixed, Mozilla’s Christian Legnitto said.
Ok, so how is this browsers war? Internet Explorer 9 inching towards its first RC, Mozilla’s plan towards Firefox 4 and Google Chrome’s never ending short releases! All these are heating up browsers war. We may expect Opera and Safari browsers joins soon.
As for now, do you think Mozilla has accelerated its plan and releases Firefox 4 as planned during February end? Hit comment box now and share what you feel 🙂