Facebook has rolled out many new features and they have completely changed their User Interface, which looks similar to that of Google+. You’ll use it for some time, but the nonstop ticker shows you some unwanted activities of your friends which you would never like to know.
As the Facebook’s Old Interface wasn’t enough to beat the Google+, so Facebook are working hard on their interfaces and features.
Here are some thoughts about New Facebook Interface from my friends 🙂 :
- @HilzFuld, a tech blogger and a friend of mine, wrote in his recent post about how Google+ and Facebook are fighting with each other by rolling out new features slowly and changing their User Interfaces frequently, which is making the users to think of other Social Network.
- @SharonHayes raised an important question about the New Facebook Interface in one of her Facebook wall post and after a short discussion with her friends, she came to an conclusion that the New Facebook Interface is not for Social Media Experts and it’s a big challenge for Facebook to make casual users adapt to this New Interface
- @mmangen says that the right sidebar ticker is distracting; her as her eyes keep on moving to it
- @arkarthick feels that the Facebook is the New MySpace 😛
- @rocksstar likes the the New Interface and hates the annoying ticker, but still find the ticker useful and according to her New Facebook is mashup of both Google+ and Twitter 😀
The most annoying thing with the New Facebook Interface is the right sidebar with the ticker . So here are 3 useful ways to get rid of the New Facebook Interface by removing the right sidebar and ticker :
1. Change the Language Settings as shown below
Note: This trick might work for only a short period of time, as later New Facebook will be enabled for all the other languages as well.
2. Install the GreaseMonkey Script
You can revert the right sidebar to the old interface using an userscript. Click here to Download and install the script. Once installed, it completely removes the right sidebar and brings back the old chat style interface as shown below:
Note : This script works for both Chrome and Firefox Browser
3. Resize your Window
Just try to resize your Windows manually or using a chrome extension which will resize the window and hence the right sidebar is hided.
What do you think friends, is the New Interface of Facebook going to be adapted by everyone or will Facebook give a permanent option to switch back to Old Interface as well? Hit the Comment Section and Thanks for reading 😀